It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and we want to make sure you know which foods can reduce your risk of breast cancer! Take a look!
Foods That Can Reduce Your Risk Of Breast Cancer
1. Mushrooms - You can find the antioxidant L-ergothioneine in mushrooms. It lowers the risks of breast cancer in premenopausal women.
2. Pomegranates - Pomegranates have ellagic acid, which is a potent anti-cancer compound.
3. Cruciferous Vegetables - This includes broccoli, kale, cabbage, and cauliflower. These vegetables contain sulforaphane.
4. Folate-rich Foods - Folate can be found in romaine lettuce, lentils, and black beans. A high Folate diet can reduce your breast cancer risk by 44%.
5. Rye Bread - It contains vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Fiber can lower your risk by up to 32%.
6. Flaxseed and Nuts - They contain Omega-3 fats which reduce inflammation that can make your body less hospitable to breast cancer.